Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mr. Toads Wildest Dreams

There is one particular childhood memory that haunts me to this day.

I'm thinking - based on the scenes I have in my head of the night it all went down, that I must have fallen asleep on the ride home from somewhere, and dreamt something wild. Somehow my mind has lumped pieces of the car ride and the dream I had while I lay asleep in the backseat, together, forming one memory of one that would make Mr. Toads Wild Ride ... a lot less wild.

Either way, this is how it went down...

First scene: I'm with my mom, my brother and my aunt. We're at a shopping center, mini mall if you may, and we're walking towards my mothers Monte Carlo. I get in the backseat with my brother.

Second Scene: We're driving down a dark street, I look out the back window to see Frankenstein, or something much like Frankenstein, following us, on foot, at a reletively fast pace.

Third Scene: My mother hits the brakes, I slam my head into the "thank-god-it's-a-big-car-with-even-bigger-seats" headrest in front of me. I look back out the rear window, Frankenstein is nowhere to be found. We speed down the street, arrive to my home, and run inside.

Fourth Scene: I'm in my bed, with a wash cloth on my forehead.

And that's it. Now, I know I was pretty young because the bed I was in, was in a room with Raggedy Ann wall paper and that was when I was a tot.

So, you tell me....Frankenstein is alive, wandering the streets of Glendora? Or way too many cookies before bed?

1 comment:

Winifred Ruby said...

So I've got an answer to my siting...

Frankenstein doesn't run the streets of Glendora it turns out, unless of course it's Halloween. And the smack to the forehead I received was a result of my mothers driving - and the cat that darted out in front of her.

At least now I know.